Friday, March 30, 2012
Until next we meet….
Friday, March 23, 2012
- #538 "Frankenstein" Notice the lines... they are turquoise. Even Frankie can have a little bling in his life.
- #602 Stonewall Jackson Prayer Tree (SJPT) ornament. Signed, dated and registered.
- #603 Stonewall Jackson Prayer Tree (SJPT) Crotch Bowl. Remember that the crotch is where the branches fork out. This one has three spots.
- #604 Stonewall Jackson Prayer Tree (SJPT) Hand carved collectable spoon with prayer hands.
- #605 Stonewall Jackson Prayer Tree (SJPT) Hand carved collectable spoon with jacket cuff prayer hands and oak tree pyrographed into bowl.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
Fast forward a bit and keep in mind based on the tree being about 350years old that it was nearly 200 years old when General Stonewall Jackson prayed under it. Tree diseases have a way all unto themselves and this tree was no exception. On May 27, 2011, and additional 149 years after prayer services were held underneath her beautiful branches high winds that ran through the valley caused to take her down. The current owner of the farm saw fit to preserve the historical significance of the tree and donated it to members of the WoVa and the CVW, local woodturning groups of which Steve is a member of so that the tree could be turned or carved into pieces that could be sold, donated or gifted.
|#489 SJPT Bowl Sold|